Saturday, April 27, 2013

Goin' to a Sock Hop?

Ok, all you Gramma's. Who remembers going to a Sock Hop back in the 50's? We called them Record Hops and I went every Friday night. It was held at the YMCA and that's where I met my husband's brother who was 12 and I was 13. He was a really funny kid, great dancer and at some point he introduced me to his older brother who I started dating at 15.


Anyway, back to the Sock Hop. This American Girl™Doll dress comes from a Liberty Jane pattern and I sure don't remember wearing anything like this at that age but they call it the American Girl™Doll 50's Sock Hop Dress. Cute regardless!



In other news....

My husband built me some shelves last week for all my doll goodies. I finally got them set up. I love 'em!!! You can't see the 2 bottom shelves but you can use your imagination.

Oh, and the doll dress without a head (or arms and legs?) The body was made from a pattern also by Liberty Jane and the stand? $.99 candle stick from Goodwill! Yep, honest!




So visit Emma's Doll Shop night or day. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Ya gotta love the internet!) Right now it's all clothes for American Girl™Dolls but I hope to expand to other doll clothes soon.
                           
 'Till next time,
Sue
Leave me a comment. What's new with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment