Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fun week of ups and downs

There's nothing like selling to inspire me to sew! Partly I want to replace what was sold but I also learn more about what people want so get motivated to improve on things and pump out more.

I sold this dress on the left, and since the buyer wanted a hat to go with it, I made 2. One for her and one for me. I also replaced the dress, of course (on the right). But see how the hat is sort of squared off at the corners? It cute, for sure, but I decided to alter the pattern to smooth off those corners. I also put the bow on the left side but I'm not sure I like it there. What do you thing?




The same customer also bought this dress and hat set. The hat was a little snug and since I had perfected this hat pattern now, I made her another one that fits better and has the "new" look with a rounder brim. Then she decided she wanted 2 pair of white tights so I sold her the 2 I had and now have to remake those and have some improvements I may do.


So the story is that I learned how to improve the hat, maybe the dress and probably the tights. Guess I'll make a few more sundresses too.

This week I'm working on ballet costumes. Stay tuned....

Love to hear from you... What projects are you working on? Share your ups and downs.

Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment